To Support Your Publication in Print or Electronic Format
The Philosophy Documentation Center provides production and typesetting for journals, book series, monographs, reference works, conference programs, newsletters, and marketing materials in print or electronic format. Our experienced team can quickly create page proofs in an attractive layout of your choice at competitive rates. If electronic files are not available for a particular text or graphic, we can digitize the material and prepare it for print or electronic publication. We work cooperatively with your editorial team to provide author proofs, and we can adapt our procedures to suit your particular needs. Copy-editing of all manuscripts can be provided by arrangement.
- “The staff is responsive and professional. They made the process of launching a journal not only infinitely easier, but even pleasant. I look forward to working with them for years to come.”
— Miranda Brown, University of Michigan.
- “I recently guest edited a volume of Social Philosophy Today and assisted in the production of another volume. The process was pleasant, efficient, and hassle-free, thanks to the expertise of the PDC staff. The product was excellent — high quality publishing work. Based on my experience I can highly recommend their services.”
— Prof. Nancy Snow, Marquette University
Multiple Style Guides
Style guides provide consistency of format and layout, and help readers easily find references. When implemented well the result is a professional work that enhances the usefulness and long-term value of the publication. We work with several style guides – including Chicago Manual, Bluebook, and Academy of Management. We also support unique style guides for particular publications and their sponsoring organizations.
Creative Layout & Design
We can provide page layout and graphic design work to meet the needs of each project in print or electronic format. We can exactly match an existing layout so readers do not notice any change in production arrangements. We can also improve the layout or cover design to give a publication a more polished, professional look. Alternatively we can work with you to provide an entirely new layout and cover design to help you reach new readers. We can also help you design flyers, membership forms, or marketing materials in print or electronic format.
Reference Tagging & DOIs
A digital object identifier (DOI) is a unique character string that provides a permanent electronic name for an electronic document. We can provide assignment and integration of DOIs at the article level, and add available DOIs in article references to support reference linking. Our typesetting work can also include standardization of reference formats and tagging of reference elements to support cited-by linking.
Cost-Effective Printing Solutions
There is continuing demand for print format, even though most new publications are available in electronic format. Many readers prefer print and we can help you meet this demand with cost-effective printing arrangements for any project. Printing costs vary based on quantity, format, color requirements, and required turn around time. We can help you find the most cost-effective solution to meet your needs.
Examples of Our Production Work
Print and electronic publications that were designed, redesigned, or typeset by PDC:
- AAPT Studies in Pedagogy
- American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly
- The American Journal of Semiotics
- Augustinian Studies
- Business and Professional Ethics Journal
- Business Ethics Quarterly
- The CLR James Journal
- Environmental Philosophy
- Epoché: A Journal for the History of Philosophy
- Faith and Philosophy
- Guide to Graduate Programs in Philosophy
- Hume Studies
- Idealistic Studies
- International Corporate Responsibility Series
- International Journal of Applied Philosophy
- International Philosophical Quarterly
- Journal of Philosophical Research
- Philosophy & Theology
- Philosophy Today
- Proceedings of the American Catholic Philosophical Association
- Proceedings of the 20th World Congress of Philosophy
- Questions: Philosophy for Young People
- Radical Philosophy Review
- Selected Papers from the XXII World Congress of Philosophy
- Selected Papers from the XXIII World Congress of Philosophy
- Social Philosophy Today
- Teaching Ethics
- Teaching Philosophy
- Techné: Research in Philosophy and Technology
For more information about typesetting and production work contact Greg Swope at gswope [@] pdcnet.org. For information about layout & graphic design work contact Diana Malsky at dmalsky [@] pdcnet.org.
They will need more information about the project as a next step, so they can help you find the most cost-effective solutions.