Exhibits of Scholarly Journals, Series, Conference Proceedings, and other Publications
The Philosophy Documentation Center participates in exhibits at scholarly conferences in the U.S., Canada, and other countries. We provide sample issues of relevant publications, information about online access options, and membership and subscription materials. At many exhibits we also provide live demonstrations of our online resources. Special presentations can be provided at any event by prior arrangement.
- American Philosophical Association-Eastern Division – Savannah, January 3-6, 2018
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics – Chicago, March 1-4, 2018
- Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy – Indianapolis, March 8-10, 2018
- American Philosophical Association-Pacific Division – San Diego, March 28-31, 2018
- International Social Philosophy Conference – Rochester, MI, July 19-21, 2018
- Society for Business Ethics – Chicago, August 10-12, 2018
- World Congress of Philosophy – Beijing, August 13-20, 2018
- Semiotic Society of America – Berea, KY – October 3-11, 2018
- Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy – State College, PA, October 18-20, 2018
- International Vincentian Business Ethics Conference – New York, October 25-27, 2018
- American Catholic Philosophical Association – San Diego, November 8-11, 2018
– PARTIAL LIST –
We provide special presentations of online resources by request at particular events. These presentation can be supported with a variety of materials, including strategic market research or explanatory video. We have delivered special presentations at meetings of the American Library Association, the Association of College and Research Libraries, the German Library Association, the World Congress of Philosophy, and other events.
We host displays of journals, series, and other publications at meetings of the American Philosophical Association, the Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy, and other events. These exhibits give authors and subscribers an opportunity to browse each title, and offer editors and journal sponsors a reliable way to present their work to colleagues. We produce special catalogs for these events that provide access options for over 150 titles in philosophy and related fields.
Publishers can also have their books, DVDs, or other publications included in these special exhibits. Books and other materials are displayed in a combined PDC booth and we reserve prime booth space. Publishers that have exhibited with us include Editions Rodopi, Harvard University Press, Imprint Academic, Purdue University Press, St. Martin’s Press, SUNY Press, Transaction Publishers, University of North Carolina Press, University of Pittsburgh Press, Verso, Walter de Gruyter, Westview Press, and Zeta Books. Contact us for details.
Contact Susanne Mueller-Grote by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300; by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail smg [@] pdcnet.org.