Exhibits of Scholarly Journals, Series, Conference Proceedings, and other Publications
The Philosophy Documentation Center participates in exhibits at scholarly conferences in the U.S., Canada, and other countries. We provide sample issues of relevant publications, information about online access options, and membership and subscription materials. At many exhibits we also provide live demonstrations of our online resources. Special presentations can be provided at any event by prior arrangement.
- American Philosophical Association-Eastern Division – Baltimore (USA), January 4-7, 2017
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics – Dallas, February 23-26, 2017
- Society for the Advancement of American Philosophy – Birmingham (USA), March 16-18, 2017
- American Philosophical Association-Pacific Division – Seattle, April 12-15, 2017
- International Social Philosophy Conference – Chicago, July 13-15, 2017
- Society for Business Ethics – Atlanta, August 4-6, 2017
- Deutscher Kongress für Philosophie – Berlin, September 24-27, 2017
- Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy – Memphis (USA), October 19-21, 2017
- Semiotic Society of America – Puebla (Mexico) – October 25-29, 2017
- International Vincentian Business Ethics Conference – Chicago, October 26-28, 2017
- American Catholic Philosophical Association – Dallas, November 16-19, 2017
– PARTIAL LIST –
We provide special presentations of online resources by request at particular events. These presentation can be supported with a variety of materials, including strategic market research or explanatory video. We have delivered special presentations at meetings of the American Library Association, the Association of College and Research Libraries, the German Library Association, the World Congress of Philosophy, and other events.
We host a branded display of journals, series, and other publications at the larger meetings of the American Philosophical Association. These exhibits give authors and subscribers an opportunity to browse each title, and offer editors and journal sponsors a reliable way to present their work to colleagues. For each APA conference we attend we produce a special journal catalog that includes contact information and pricing for all titles.
Publishers can also have their books, DVDs, or other publications included in these special exhibits. Books and other materials are displayed in a combined PDC booth and we reserve prime booth space. Publishers that have exhibited with us include Editions Rodopi, Harvard University Press, Imprint Academic, Purdue University Press, St. Martin’s Press, SUNY Press, Transaction Publishers, University of North Carolina Press, University of Pittsburgh Press, Verso, Walter de Gruyter, Westview Press, and Zeta Books. Contact us for details.
Contact Susanne Mueller-Grote by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300; by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail smg [@] pdcnet.org.