University Center, Michigan – July 27-31, 2016
The American Association of Philosophy Teachers’ 21st Biennial Workshop Conference will be hosted by Saginaw Valley State University. The university is easily accessible-it is located equidistant between the cities of Bay City, Midland, and Saginaw with convenient access to the campus by major highways (I-75 and US-10).
Additional information about the conference can be found at the AAPT website — philosophyteachers.org.
For information about SVSU and the local area, please visit the SVSU website — svsu.edu/aaptconference.
- Pre-Registration: is closed. If you must register onsite, you will have to pay with cash or a check.
- Meal Package: includes 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, and 2 Dinners. Single Day option includes 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, 1 Dinner. Banquet is included in the Registration fee. Please indicate if you have special dietary needs.
- Lodging: You may reserve a private room in an apartment with a bathroom shared among other suitemates. Rooms must be filled by gender. There are also several nearby hotels, including Four Points Hotel and Holiday Inn Express (which offer airport shuttle service).
- Transportation: SVSU is located 10 miles from the Midland/Bay/Saginaw (MBS) airport. Travelers can make arrangements for a shuttle/taxi service to/from the airport. The campus is 45 miles from the Flint (FNT) airport and 120 miles from the Detroit (DTW) airport. These airports offer car rental agencies and on-campus parking is convenient and available at no charge.
- Membership: While membership is not required to attend the conference, there is a discount for active members. If you would like to join the Society or renew your 2016 membership, please add dues below.
- Cancellation Policy: No fees will be refunded for cancellations after July 18, 2016. All cancellations prior to the deadline are subject to a $25 administrative processing fee.
- Contact: Please contact James Hitt ([email protected]), On-Site Coordinator, for questions about the campus and area.
Contact PDC ([email protected]) for problems related to online registration.