Volume 4, Issue 2, Febrero/Mayo 1989
Josep Pla i Carrera
Alfred Tarski i la teoria de conjunts
The work on set theory made by A. Tarski in the years 1924-1950 is very interesting, but little know.
We develope partial questions in set theory in the moment that A. Tarski intervenes and his contributions
and also influences.
The principals aims in this development are:
1. The axiom of choice [A.C.] and his equivalents;
2. the general continuum hypothesis [G.C.H.] and the A.C.;
3. the dual trichotomy principle;
4. the inaccessible cardinals and his relation with the A.C. and the G.C.H.;
5. the notion of finite set and his relation with the A.C and the G.C.H.;
6. the almost disjoint set and their relation with the G.C.H.;
7. the results in Berkeley.