Stance: An International Undergraduate Philosophy Journal
Stance welcomes papers concerning any philosophical topic. Current undergraduates may submit a paper between 1500 and 3500 words in length (footnotes may extend the word limit 500 words at most). Stance asks that each undergraduate only submit one paper for the journal per year. Papers should avoid unnecessary technicality and strive to be accessible to the widest possible readership without sacrificing clarity or rigor. Manuscripts are evaluated on the following criteria: rigor, organization, clarity, balance of depth and breadth, intellectual struggle, significance of conclusion, and most of all originality.
- Manuscripts should be in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format and sent as an attachment to [email protected] before the deadline.
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced (including quotations, excerpts, and footnotes.)
- The right margin should not be justified.
- To facilitate our anonymous review process, submissions are to be prepared for blind review.
- Include a cover page with the author’s name, affiliation, title, and email address. Papers, including footnotes, should have no other identifying markers.
- Footnotes should follow The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Please use American spellings and punctuation, except when directly quoting a source that has followed British style.
- When using subheadings, please do not number them.
More information available at www.stancephilosophy.com.