Stance: An International Undergraduate Philosophy Journal
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Stance seeks original philosophical papers on any philosophical topic by current undergraduate students. Current undergraduates may submit a paper between 1500 and 3500 words in length (footnotes may extend the word limit 500 words at most). The editors ask that each student submit only one paper to the journal per year.
Papers should avoid unnecessary technicality and be accessible to the widest possible readership, without sacrificing clarity or rigor. Manuscripts are evaluated on the following criteria: depth of inquiry, quality of research/academic rigor, creativity, lucidity, struggle, significance, and, most importantly, originality.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Word (.doc) format as email attachments to [email protected].
- Manuscripts should be double-spaced (including quotations, excerpts, and footnotes).
- The right margin should not be justified.
- Submissions must be prepared for anonymous review. Include a cover page with the author’s name, affiliation, title, and email address. Papers, including footnotes, should have no other identifying markers.
- Footnotes should follow the Chicago Manual of Style. A style sheet with examples is available on our website under More about Stance – Information for Authors.
- Please use American spelling and punctuation, except when directly quoting a source that has followed British style.
More information is available at www.stancephilosophy.com.