Social Theory and Practice
Typescripts should be double-spaced, except for endnotes (or footnotes), which may be single-spaced.
References should be included in the notes rather than in-text.
Bibliographic information should be included in the notes rather than in a separate bibliography. We prefer manuscripts of 8,000-12,000 words in length, but shorter or longer papers may also be considered. (We do not publish very short papers that have the form of a “Note” or “Comment”.) We can normally also consider unsolicited book review essays (6,000-8,000 words) for publication.
Manuscripts should be prepared for blind review in Word format (.doc or .rtf). Submission should be by email to [email protected]. A complete submission must include:
- an abstract of 80-100 words and 5-8 keywords
- a separate note with author-identifying information and any deleted references or acknowledgments
- a statement that the paper has not been published previously in any form
- confirmation that the paper is not currently under consideration for publication elsewhere
- an email address for acknowledgment of receipt
All papers are peer reviewed. The review process is normally completed within 12 weeks, with accepted articles appearing 6 to 8 months after acceptance of the final version of the paper. Our acceptance rate is 15 percent.