The Review of Metaphysics
THE PHILOSOPHY EDUCATION SOCIETY
The Philosophy Education Society of America, a 501 (c)(3) charity organization, is the publisher of The Review of Metaphysics. The Society’s raison d’etre is to promote definitive contributions to philosophical knowledge, and it does so primarily through the ongoing publication of the Review. The Society sponsors the Review’s annual dissertation essay contest and provides the $500 prize.
In addition, the Philosophy Education Society sponsors and organizes a colloquium between American and German philosophers every two years. The Tenth German/American Colloquium recently met July 27 through August 2 in Wynnewood, PA. The topic was "Responsibility: Recognition and Limits."
The Society also facilitates fellowship between philosophers in the Washington, D.C. area.
The Society welcomes tax deductible donations that support its mission and the work of Tthe Review of Metaphysics.
Board of Directors
- Dr. Frederick Ellrod, III, Chairman - Attorney, Virginia
- Dr. William Frank, University of Dallas
- Dr. Lawrence P. Grayson, U.S. Department of Education (ret.)
- Dr. John Hittinger, University of St. Thomas, Houston
- Dr. V. Bradley Lewis, The Catholic University of America
- Dr. John C. McCarthy, The Catholic University of America
- Dr. Michael Rohlf, The Catholic University of America
- Dr. Robert Royal, Faith & Reason Institute, Washington, DC
- Dr. David C. Schindler, John Paul II Institute, Washington, DC
- Dr. John Schirger, The Mayo Clinic