The Karl Rahner Society (KRS)
Studies of his thought, the publication of his works, and reflections on his spirit
The Karl Rahner Society was founded in 1991 to promote the study of the writings of the German theologian Karl Rahner. The purposes of the Society include:
- the publication of critical editions of his works in English;
- reflection on his thought and on works that carry forward the spirit of Rahner's enterprise, particularly in the fields of theology and philosophy;
- collaboration with other scholarly groups concerned with his work.
With these goals the Society hopes to make a contribution to the ongoing assessment and reception of Rahner's work. It meets once a year in conjunction with the annual convention of The Catholic Theological Society of America. More information is available at www.karlrahnersociety.com.
- Active membership is open to all those who possess the doctoral degree in theological or related studies, and have been actively engaged in at least one of the Society's purposes. In exceptional cases, active membership can be given to those whose scholarly achievements meet the standards customarily demanded for the doctorate.
- Associate membership is open to those pursuing doctoral studies in theology or related fields, and who manifest an interest in at least one of the purposes of the Society.
- Friends of the Society are interested parties who do not belong to either of the above categories but have a vested interest in Rahner scholarship. Friends are non-voting members in the Society.
Membership includes a subscription to Philosophy and Theology, the Marquette University journal. Members may choose print format and/or online access to all issues, vol. 1 (1986) to present.
NOTE: the term of membership is a calendar year. All memberships expire December 31.
|Friend of the Society|
You may renew your membership, check its status, or update your contact information online.
For more information contact us by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300, by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail order [@] pdcnet.org