Philosophy and Phenomenological Research
To submit a manuscript, please follow the instructions below.
- Launch your web browser (Internet Explorer 5 or higher, Netscape 7 or higher, Firefox 1.0.4 or Safari 1.2.4) and go to the Philosophy and Phenomenological Research Manuscript Central homepage (http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/pandpr).
- Log-in or click the "Create Account" option if you are a first-time user of Manuscript Central.
- If you are creating a new account.
· After clicking on "Create Account", enter your name and e-mail information and click "Next". Your e-mail information is very important.
· Enter your institution and address information as appropriate, and then click "Next."
· Enter a user ID and password of your choice (we recommend using your e-mail address as your user ID), and then select your area of expertise. Click "Finish".
- If you have an account but have forgotten your log in details, go to "Password Help" on the Philosophy and Phenomenological Research Manuscript Central homepage and enter your email address. The system will send you an automatic user ID and password reminder.
- Log-in and select "Author Center."
Submitting Your Manuscript
- After you have logged in, click the "Submit a Manuscript" link in the menu bar.
- Enter data and answer questions as appropriate.
- Click the "Next" button on each screen to save your work and advance to the next screen.
- You are required to upload your files.
· Click on the "Browse" button and locate the file on your computer.
· Select the designation of each file in the drop down next to the Browse button.
· When you have selected all files you wish to upload, click the "Upload Files" button.
- Review your submission (in both PDF and HTML formats) before sending to the Journal. Click the "Submit" button when you are finished reviewing.
You may suspend a submission at any phase before clicking the "Submit" button and save it to submit later. After submission, you will receive a confirmation e-mail. You can also access Manuscript Central any time to check the status of your manuscript. The Journal will inform you by e-mail once a decision has been made.
Getting Help With Your Submission
Each page of the Manuscript Central website has a 'Get Help Now' icon connecting directly to the online support system at http://mcv3support.custhelp.com. Queries can also be e-mailed to [email protected] and telephone support is available 24 hours a day, 5 days a week through the US ScholarOne support office on: +1 434 817 2040, ext 167. If you do not have Internet access or cannot submit online, the Editorial Office will help with online submissions. Please contact the Editorial Office: [email protected].
Please note that Word 2007 is not yet compatible with journal production systems. Unfortunately, the journal cannot accept Microsoft Word 2007 documents until such time as a stable production version is released. Please use Word's 'Save As' option therefore to save your document as an older (.doc) file type.
Also, please note that there are three preferred formats for digital artwork submission: Encapsulated PostScript (EPS), Portable Document Format (PDF), and Tagged Image Format (TIFF). We suggest that line art be saved as EPS files. Alternately, these may be saved as PDF files at 600 d
ots per inch (dpi) or better at final size. Tone art, or photographic images, should be saved as TIFF files with a resolution of 300 dpi at final size. For combination figures, or artwork that contains both photographs and labeling, we recommend saving figures as EPS files, or as PDF files with a resolution of 600 dpi or better at final size. More detailed information on the submission of electronic artwork can be found at www.blackwellpublishing.com/authors/digill.asp.
NEW: Online production tracking is now available for your article through Blackwell's Author Services.
Author Services enables authors to track their article - once it has been accepted - through the production process to publication online and in print. Authors can check the status of their articles online and choose to receive automated e-mails at key stages of production so they don't need to contact the production editor to check on progress. Visit www.blackwellpublishing.com/bauthor for more details on online production tracking and for a wealth of resources including FAQs and tips on article preparation, submission and more.