Eugene C. Hargrove, Editor
Environmental Ethics publishes articles, reviews and discussions exploring the philosophical aspects of environmental problems. Since 1979 it has provided a peer-reviewed forum for diverse interests and attitudes, bringing together the nonprofessional environmental philosophy tradition with the professional interest in the subject. It is published by the Center for Environmental Philosophy at the University of North Texas.
Current Issue + Archive
- "The major journal in this field, and where most of the important papers are published.... Makes most environmentalish magazines ... seem like glossy 4-H club bulletins."
— The Whole Earth Review
- "This journal ... is without doubt the leading forum for serious philosophical work in environmental philosophy. The articles tend to be of high scholarly caliber, although accessible to non-philosophers as well.... An excellent source--highly recommended."
— Green Earth Observer
- "Interest in environmental philosophy is growing .... In documenting this philosophic approach, Environmental Ethics gives careful readers new ways to consider and understand environmental issues."
— The Bear Essential
· ISSN 0163-4275 (print) · Quarterly · Single issues available from the Center for Environmental Philosophy ·
· ISSN 2153-7895 (online) · Online access includes volume 1 (1979) - present ·
|1) Individual Subscription
|Online (Single user license)
|2) Institutional Subscription
|Online (10 simultaneous access license)
|Print and Online (10 simultaneous access license)
|3) Online access through POIESIS: Philosophy Online Serials
|-- Requires a print subscription + POIESIS: Philosophy Online Serials
For more information contact us by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300, by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail [email protected].