Elizabeth Stombock, Research Editor
The forthcoming thirtieth edition of the Directory of American Philosophers contains thousands of listings for university and college philosophy programs, academic journals, philosophy research centers, professional organizations, and philosophy publishers in the United States and Canada. It is fully indexed, and includes contact information for over 15,000 philosophers in both countries. This volume provides a unique overview of professional activity in the field and preserves current data for future reference.
- College & University Philosophy departments
- Assistantship information
- Centers & Institutes
- Societies & Associations
- Statistical Profile
- Contact info for 15,000+ philosophers
First published in 1963, the Directory of American Philosophers has been published by the Philosophy Documentation Center since 1972. New editions are published every two years, alternating with its companion volume the International Directory of Philosophy and Philosophers. These print editions preserve a continuing record of contemporary activity in the field.
· ISBN 978-1-63435-058-7 · Forthcoming August 2020 · 30th Edition / Harbound Print · 700+ pages · $195 ·
· ISSN 0070-508X (print) · For online access see International Directory of Philosophy ·
Amazon (after publication)
Institutions may order or subscribe via their preferred agent.
You may also place an order by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300, by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail [email protected].