Elizabeth Stombock, Research Editor
The Directory of American Philosophers provides a unique overview of the philosopihcal community in the United States and Canada. The 29th edition contains thousands of edited listings for university and college philosophy programs, research centers, professional organizations, academic journals, and philosophy publishers in both countries. It also includes contact information for over 15,000 philosophers in the U.S. and Canada, and a useful statistical overview.
- 1,681 Philosophy departments
- Assistantship information
- 129 Centers & Institutes
- 175 Societies & Associations
- 350 Journals
- 159 Publishers
- Contact info for 15,000+ philosophers
- Statistical Profile (for this edition)
First published in 1963, the Directory of American Philosophers has been published by the Philosophy Documentation Center since 1972. New editions are published every two years, alternating with its companion volume the International Directory of Philosophy and Philosophers. These directories provide a unique source of data about the entire field. Current content is available online in the International Directory of Philosophy.
Update your Listing!
All listings are free. Outlines of complete listings are provided in the Submissions Guidelines.
ONLINE - each listing can be updated by an authorized editor
E-mail - data [@] pdcnet.org
Phone - (+01) 434-220-3300
Fax - (+01) 434-220-3301
Mail - to the Editorial Team
· ISBN: 978-1-63435-034-1 · 29th edition (hardbound) · 708 pages (approx.) · Forthcoming May 2018 ·
· ISSN 0070-508X (print) · Content also available online in the International Directory of Philosophy ·
|29th Edition (hardbound print)
You may also place an order by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300, by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail [email protected].