Idealistic Studies publishes original writing that recognizes the defining significance of consciousness and mind in the concerns of philosophy and other expressions of high culture.
Manuscripts should be submitted by email to the editor at [email protected].
Submitted manuscripts must be original, unpublished works and may not be under consideration at another publication. A complete submission includes:
- A manuscript in Word or WordPerfect formats. Please do not submit PDFs.
- An abstract of no more than 150 words.
Idealistic Studies uses the The Chicago Manual of Style, 16th edition. A helpful resource on The Chicago Manual of Style is available online here.
- Use endnotes, not embedded footnotes
- Text should be double spaced; Endnotes single space
- No page numbering
- No page formatting
- Use italics for emphasis and foreign word and phrases.
- Otherwise follow the guidelines of the Chicago Manual of Style
The typical length of published articles is approximately 5,000 words. Submitted manuscripts should not exceed 10,000 words without prior discussion with the editor.
Editor Contact Information
Editor (beginning September 1, 2018)
Prof. Jennifer A. Bates
Department of Philosophy
600 Forbes Ave., College Hall 321
Pittsburgh, PA 15282
E-mail: [email protected]