International Directory of Philosophy
An Essential Reference Database for Philosophers Everywhere!
CALLS FOR SUBMISSIONS
We are updating listings in the International Directory of Philosophy database and preparing the 18th print ediiton of the International Directory of Philosophy and Philosophers.
Published listings include:
college or university departments / programs
college or university philosophers at all levels
trained philosophers not affiliated with a university philosophy department
professional philosophy societies / associations
philosophy research centers / institutes
Check our Submission Guideliness for an overview of entires in each category. All listings are free.
Information About Philosophers
In addition to complete contact information for college or university philosophy departments, we try to collect the following information on all members of your staff who teach philosophy as their primary subject:
Last name, First name
Highest degree earned
Current academic position
Office phone number
Personal website (if available)
Personal photograph (dimensions: 110-150 pixels horiz. x 170-180 pixels vert.)
Social media link
Up to 3 philosophical specialties (list of specialties)
All information is ONLY used for this Directory. We do not share e-mail addresses for any purpose.
Update Listings Online
Each listing can be updated online by an authorized editor. There is ONE authorized editor for each listing. To set up an editorial account:
1) Go to www.pdcnet.org/neweditor
2) Enter your name, title, and e-mail address as indicated. Enter the name of your philosophy department, center, society, journal, or publishing company in the text box so we can identify your listing. Then click “Next”.
3) Review your request before submitting it to us. If it’s correct click “Yes”.
4) We will check our database for your listing and send you an authorization code by email.
This may take some time so please be patient.
5) Click on the authorization link in the email to complete the registration process.
6) You will then be asked to choose a username and password. You're done!
The system needs about 15 minutes to copy your access information to all servers.
You can then log in at www.pdcnet.org/directoryaccess and edit your listing as needed.
Need help with this procedure? A step by step guide is available here.
Suggestions? Contact the editorial office at data [@] pdcnet.org, by phone at (01) 434-220-3300, or by fax at (01) 434-220-3301.