The Philosophy Documentation Center regularly participates in exhibits at conferences in the U.S., Canada, and other countries. At many exhibits we provide live demonstrations of online resources. Special presentations can be provided at any event by prior arrangement.
Exhibit Schedule – 2014
- Association for Practical and Professional Ethics – Jacksonville, Feb. 27-March 2, 2014
- American Philosophical Association-Central Division – Chicago, Feb. 26-March 1, 2014
- American Philosophical Association-Pacific Division – San Diego, April 16-20, 2014
- Eastern Academy of Management – Newport, May 8-9, 2014
- IEEE International Symposium on Ethics in Engineering, Science, and Technology – Chicago, May 23-24, 2014
- Conference of the European Business Ethics Network – Berlin, June 12-14, 2014
- Caribbean Philosophical Association – St. Louis, June 19-21, 2014
- Philosophy of Management International Conference – Chicago, July 14-16, 2014
- The Charles S. Peirce International Centennial Congress – Lowell, July 16-19, 2014
- International Social Philosophy Conference – Ashland, July 17-19, 2014
- Society for Business Ethics – Philadelphia, August 1-3, 2014
- Academy of Management – Philadelphia, August 1-5, 2014
- Art of Management and Organization Conference – Copenhagen, August, 28-31, 2014
- XXIII Deutsche Kongress für Philosophie – Münster, Sept. 28-Oct. 2, 2014
- International Conference on Ethics Across the Curriculum – Scottsdale, October 2-4, 2014
- Semiotic Society of America – Seattle, October 2-5, 2014
- American Catholic Philosophical Association – Washington, DC, October 9-11, 2014
- Society for Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy – New Orleans, October 23-25, 2014
- International Vincentian Business Ethics Conference – Dublin, October 29-Nov.1, 2014
- Australasian Business Ethics Network Conference – December 2014
- American Philosophical Association-Eastern Division – Philadelphia, December 27-30, 2014
– PARTIAL LIST –
We provide special presentations of online resources by request at particular events. These presentation can be supported with a variety of materials, including strategic market research or explanatory video. We have delivered special presentations at meetings of the American Library Association, the Association of College and Research Libraries, the German Library Association, the World Congress of Philosophy, and other events.
At each meeting of the American Philosophical Association we host the largest display of journals in philosophy and related fields. These exhibits offer editors and publishers a reliable way to present their journals to colleagues at a modest cost. They also give potential authors and subscribers an opportunity to browse these journals. For each event we produce a special journal catalog that includes contact information and pricing for all titles.
Publishers can also have their books, DVDs, or other publications included in these special exhibits. Books and other materials are displayed in a combined PDC booth and we reserve prime booth space. Publishers that have exhibited with us include Editions Rodopi, Harvard University Press, Imprint Academic, Purdue University Press, St. Martin’s Press, SUNY Press, Transaction Publishers, University of North Carolina Press, University of Pittsburgh Press, Verso, Walter de Gruyter, Westview Press, and Zeta Books.
Contact George Leaman by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300; by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail leaman [@] pdcnet.org.