An Award-Winning Journal for Philosophy Teachers at all Levels
Michael Cholbi, Editor
Teaching Philosophy is the only journal devoted exclusively to the practical and theoretical discussion of teaching and learning philosophy. It provides a peer-reviewed forum for the exchange of ideas about the challenges faced by philosophers in the classroom. Each quarterly issue offers a mix of articles, reports, case studies, and reviews, covering the following topics:
- Innovative teaching methods, classroom strategies, and instructional materials;
- Theoretical issues and pedagogical problems in the teaching of philosophy;
- Experimental and interdisciplinary courses with philosophical content;
- Courses that develop philosophical aspects of other fields;
- Evaluation of teaching and learning assessment in philosophy;
- Philosophy faculty development and student counseling;
- Reviews of books, software, instructional media, online resources.
This journal has published the largest body of original work on philosophy teaching in the English language.
FREE Search and Preview of All Articles !
"A great resource. I heartily recommend the journal to anyone looking for hands-on teaching advice."
— Debra Nails, Michigan State University
"Excellent articles on both theory and practice. A unique and invaluable service to the profession."
— Ernest Sosa, Rutgers University
"Useful information and interesting ideas. No teacher of philosophy will read it without profit."
— Nicholas Rescher, University of Pittsburgh
Mark Lenssen Prize for Publishing on Teaching Philosophy
— 2012, 2010, 2006, 2004, 2002
· ISSN 0145-5788 (print) · Quarterly · Single issues: Institutions $22, Individuals $9 ·
· ISSN 2153-6619 (online) · Online access includes volume 1 (1975) - present · FREE trial! ·
|1) For Individuals
|Online (Single user license)
|Print and Online (Single user license)
|2) For AAPT / PLATO Members
|--- online access to all issues included with membership in AAPT or PLATO
|3) Institutional Subscriptions
|Online (5 simultaneous access license)
|Print and Online (5 simultaneous access license)
For more information contact us by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300, by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail email@example.com.