International Directory of Philosophy
An Essential Reference Database for Philosophers Everywhere!
The International Directory of Philosophy is an online database containing information on university philosophy departments, professional associations, societies, research centers, journals, and philosophy publishers in the U.S., Canada, and over 130 other countries. The database also includes current contact addresses and other available information for over 31,000 philosophers. Content and features include:
"Sneak a peak" at the directory to test its functionality.
- 2,800 university departments / programs (graduate & undergraduate)
- 1,200 journals
- 420 societies / associations
- 350 research centers / institutes
- 700 philosophy publishers
- search by name, category, title
- search philosophers by specialty
- location search by country / city
- location seach by state / province (US & Canada)
- location results includes map display
- metasearch of all PDC resources
- current contact information integrated with author names in E-Collection
- limited FREE search
- online update option
Full access is provided on a subscription basis. The Income helps us expand coveragre and improve functionality.
The metasearch allows Directory users to search the fulltext of all 130,000+ documents in our fulltext E-Collection and over 1.3 million bibliographic listings in our Philosophy Research Index.
The development of this database was made possible by our work on multiple editions of the Directory of American Philosophers and the International Directory of Philosophy and Philosophers.
Update your Listing!
All listings are free. Outlines of complete listings are provided in the Submissions Guidelines.
ONLINE - each listing can be updated by an authorized editor
E-mail - data [@] pdcnet.org
Phone - (+01) 434-220-3300
Fax - (+01) 434-220-3301
Mail - to the Editorial Team
· ISSN 2158-5652 (online) · Subscription access is for the calendar year and end December 31 ·
|Online (Single user license)
|2) Institution - online
|Online (5 simultaneous access license)
|3) Institution - print + online
|- add print copy of one directory -
|Print and Online (5 simultaneous access license)
For more information contact us by phone 800-444-2419 or 434-220-3300, by fax 434-220-3301; or by e-mail [email protected].